Valentine’s Day is just around the corner- and these simple woven paper hearts are a great snowy weekend project!
Change up the number of tabs cut into the template to increase the number of woven squares.
The paper can be a little tricky for little hands to get the hang of- so I’d suggest starting with just two tabs in contrasting colors. You can download a traceable template here. I’d suggest printing it on card stock for durability.
Take it a step further:
- Recycle pages from old books- bonus points for love poems :).
- Use non-woven fabric (felt/polar fleece) and ribbon to make a fun purse.
- String several into a pennant.
- The three-tab heart creates the perfect tic-tac-toe board! Create the ultimate Valentine’s game board, and slip some x’s and o’s inside the pouch.
- If you’re really up for the challenge- an over-sized 8-tab heart would create a checkerboard.
This is my first illustrated-craft post, let me know how you did in the comments below. I’d love to see photos of your finished pieces!